Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Free LDS Books for Kindle

OK, I know I can't be the only cheap person out there. There is nothing I hate more than buying books for my Kindle knowing that I could just get them at the library for free.

But for me, I love using my Kindle to work out with. No pages to physically have to turn, no bulky book to hold open, Not having to worry that its too thick to sit on that little magazine ledge that my elliptical has.

So, I started checking the Amazon free books page. I would do my best to vet out books that were clean and even stuck with those that were considered Christian fiction. However, I can't tell you how many stinkers I was stuck with! And how many I would get halfway through with only to have the main characters sleep together or run into a steamy scene. It was awful. And don't get me started on just looking through the free books and even the paid books on Amazon. I am SICK of scanning through covers using a search such as "free kindle book christian" and finding a half dressed person on a cover.

Anyway...I thought maybe I could help others out there like me.

I am going to list all the free Kindle books by LDS authors I can find. Since Amazon prices change fairly regularly, I cannot guarantee that the books I post about today will be still be free tomorrow.

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Important question: Can Kindle books be read on a Nook? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, after a little looking around it seems that if you want to read a kindle book on your Nook (I'm a poet!!!) you have 2 options.

    1. You could root it. It will void your warranty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUoHALWvPts

    2. You could buy an SD card that is pretty cool. go here http://www.n2acards.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or, you can read kindle books on your pc. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311

    ReplyDelete